Monday, May 12, 2014

Choices Organic Cafe, Brickell Miami FL

Last October was my first visit to Miami, FL and the city was beautiful. The weather was perfect, 70 degrees, and I spent a whole day in South Beach soaking up sun rays and splashing in the warm Atlantic. I was in tropical heaven enjoying a break from winter, but when it came time to eat, my friend and I were forced to walk many blocks before finding a nourishing vegetarian spot.



The food diversity in Miami is amazing. Restaurants range from Puerto Rican, El Salvadorian, Chinese, Dominican, Italian and more. I loved seeing multiple ethnic groups and hearing various accents, but for a vegan the offerings at most restaurants are slim. The city is not one of those you can bring anyone with any diet and we'll figure out had to feed them type of places, and they are obviously not a mecca for veggies, yet. But one place in particular has got the idea and was definitely my savior mid-week when my body started yelling, "We're gonna crash if you don't get us a full vegan meal!"

Choices Organic Cafe is 100% vegan and 95% organic. Founder and co-owner Alex Cuevas opened the cafe to provide healthier eating to the people in Miami in return for a better society. The cafe is hip and filled with fresh choices including non-soy and gluten free options. I ordered the mental lentil wrap filled with a lentil patty, black beans, quinoa, sauteed onion, plantain, pico de gallo, bell pepper, vegan cheese, avocado, and tahini sauce. Every item was perfectly cooked with the perfect amounts. The plantain was sweet, juicy and delicious with the vegan cheese and quinoa. Everything felt as if it was melting inside my mouth. The wrap was definitely not food I could easily prepare at home.  I was also excited by the range of desserts they offer. I ordered a brownie and cookie for the road. The fresh juices and smoothies smelled satisfying and I imagine they are perfect on a hot day.

Choices Organic Cafe is certainly my favorite vegan restaurant in Miami. They currently have three different locations and the one in Brickell is not too far from the metro train. The prices are reasonable and the food is fresh and delicious. Anyone you bring to this restaurant will be satisfied. I cannot wait to go back and try more of their options.



Choice Organic Cafe
http://www.choicescafemiami-brickell.com/

1 comment:

  1. We are honored! Thank you so much! (from Lori, director of ops at Choices Cafe) #miamiveganlove!

    ReplyDelete