Monday, July 14, 2014

Red Bamboo, Manhattan NY



Getting on our family's top vegan food list is not easy. Why? Because we are particular about food. When when we walk into a restaurant, we want to be sure of 5 things: the place is comfortable and welcoming, the food differs from our usual at home, something on the menu is pleasantly surprising, when we leave there is not a huge dent in our wallet, and the food tastes incredibly good.

So when I write that Red Bamboo in New York City is number #1 on our best vegan restaurants list you have to believe me. The place surpasses the 5 key aspects stated above and supplies extra. The servings are large and generous, the atmosphere is lush and calming, and the waiters and waitresses are cordial and cool. Not to mention their entrees always taste like they're cooked to perfection. Red Bamboo, though we do not live in NY and have visited only twice, continues to be the reminiscent vegan restaurant comparison in our family. Often you'll catch us saying, "Man, that place was good, but it's no Red Bamboo."



Red Bamboo, a vegetarian/vegan soul cafe, is open for lunch, dinner and dessert. The menu consists of lots of variety, so most people can find something they like. The lunch special is a rocking deal offering smaller portions of some of the entrees at a lower price. This past spring I ate here 2 out of 5 of the days I was in the city, and if I hadn't been staying in NJ, I would have gone more. The food is always amazing.

At lunch I ordered the Eggplant Parmesan Hero sandwich. The breaded eggplant was nice and crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. The melted vegan cheese added a perfect compliment to the marinara sauce. The portion was large and I had half a sandwich left to doggy bag. My favorite item was during dinner the next night when I treated my self to a Chocolate Oreo Cheesecake. Every bite tasted sinful, in a pleasingly good way. "Oh my word!" my taste buds cried. The texture was creamy and satisfying. I was so full I saved some for the next day, which was an equally satisfying experience.


The Red Bamboo serves delicious vegan cuisine at remarkable prices. They host daily specials that highlight new items and make some of the best vegan desserts in the country. The people and atmosphere live up to their soul food description, and it's location is fun and inviting. If you're into experiencing some of the greatest vegan food around you will not want to miss them. Our family sincerely loves it!

Red Bamboo
http://www.redbamboo-nyc.com/menu





No comments:

Post a Comment